I dragged Frank outside the ward, and told him my fear, he was silent and I couldn’t see any hint of happiness on his face. He mumbled about the fact that I was careless and getting pregnant was my fault. I was surprised at what I was hearing, he advised that I abort the baby since it is still in it early stage and the idea of my parents knowing will jeopardise the chance of us getting married telling me we can make another baby when we marry.
For two whole weeks, Frank showered me with affection and I was happy I made that decision. I know certainly that a miracle will happen since I serve the God of miracles; so I didn’t tell Frank what the doctor told me. A month to the wedding ,with everything planned. I was happy that I will soon get married to the love of my life just then I received a text from Frank ” Sorry, I can’t go ahead with the relationship, I already have someone who has given birth to my child, I hope you will meet someone better for you. I love you still” I couldn’t cry ,I was so shocked that I dropped my phone on the floor; my father stormed into my room angrily ” I disown you” he said and stormed out when my mother came in crying and showed me the text Frank sent to them ” Mummy, your daughter isn’t worth it at all, if she could abort a child, my child; she is really capable of killing a person, I can’t marry an heartless person. Am sorry” it was like all the things happening right now was planned.
“After all we have taught you in the lord Bimpe, why repay us with this?” My mother couldn’t stop crying and I stood there watching her cry before fainting due to shock, banging my head seriously on the floor.
I looked around and saw nothing but bleak darkness relieved that all that happened was just a dream. Putting on the bed side lamp, I saw a book I was reading, titled: Her Mistake.
Did I tell you that I was an actress and my name is Ronke not Bimpe?
My dream was about the plot of the book I read before sleeping and I was expected to play the role of Bimpe in the drama.
If you enjoyed reading, you can read up story 2 HERE
1. Never disregard your parents instruction, they know better than you. If Bimpe had been patient for her parents approval, she wouldn’t be caught in the web of deceit.
2. Face your mistakes and move on, don’t be so scared to make things right. Bimpe was scared of her pregnancy and she decided to take a tough decision. She could have embraced her mistake and move forward despite all.
3. Be ready to lose those things that aren’t for your good, don’t embrace evil because of love. Stand for what’s right.
4. Don’t make those who care about you cry, because of some decisions you make. Weigh matters carefully before taking action.
5. Read books, so you can dream about it but be careful of what you read (winks)
THE END ©2017