Christmas is a season of joy, love, and reflection. Christmas is a holiday that was created to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. For to us, a child is born, to us, a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Since Christmas has to be celebrated meaningfully and purposefully, here are 5 great ways we can make it special by inviting Jesus this Christmas.
5 great ways to make this Christmas special
1. Prayers of Gratitude: We should kneel in prayer to express our gratitude to God for the gift and birth of Jesus Christ.
2. Time of Reflection: We should purposefully plan time to be alone and reflect on the meaning of Christmas. What role has Jesus played in your life? What do you know about Him? Why does he matter to you?
3. Read the Bible: We should create quality time to read the Biblical account of Jesus Christ. Since the New Testament is a record of his birth, life and death we should take advantage of it. We should read about when the angel appeared to Mary, and when the shepherds gathered around the manger.
4. Give a personal gift to Jesus: Giving a personal gift to Christ isn’t a bad idea, it is totally up to us. In the Biblical account of Jesus’ birth, we were made to know the wise men that brought gold, frankincense, and myrrh as tokens of their love, respect, and reverence. So, what can you offer? Think about it. Your gift can be one of forgiveness i.e forgiving your enemies, releasing the guilt in your heart, and surrendering it to the Lord. Your gift might be Praise and Thanksgiving or committing to spending time with God daily.
5. Give to everyone: This season, millions of Nigerians are deep-seated in worries. They are sad that this Christmas season will go by without being celebrated because of the current economy of the Nigerian society. But, there’s one thing I love about Christmas and that’s how people in Nigeria give and show selfless love to everyone both to the rich and to the poor. in their community and beyond.
The following are ways in which you can give this season:
i) Visit a home for the elderly, special children, widowed, etc.
ii) Write letters to your friends and families that convey a spiritual message.
iii) Give special gifts to your parents
iv) Let people realize the essence of Christ’s birth. Let’s live Christmas in a sober and happy reflection so that we won’t forget the true meaning of Christmas!